Some great information on doing company and career research using social media. The College of Business will be hosting the 3rd Twitter Chat of the semester this Friday, 10/24 at 11:30 am est. This is a great way to get involved in a unique concept that will help you to network with professionals, get great recommendations from industry experts and to provide you with insight for your career research project! Ashley Perez, a Content Strategist for a leading recruiting firm, will be guest moderating the chat and will be focusing on the topic of company culture and branding!
· 5 discussion questions hosted within 30 minutes
· The chats are meant to be interactive and fun! Tweet to moderator, tweet to other students, ask for advice!
· Alumni, Employers & Professionals have joined in past chats, and this would be a great way to build your connections!
· Create a Twitter Account OR log in with the one you have already created
· Sign into Tweetchat and provide login/handle to access the application
· Search #ucfbizchat
· YOU’RE IN! The page will refresh itself every few seconds with updated tweets!
A former colleague of mine recently reached out to ask if I would host a Twitter chat for her students at University of Central Florida (UCF). As a career center advisor, she was excited about the prospect of her business students getting exposure to seasoned recruiting professionals and the opportunity for them to get sound advice when it comes to careers after college. Of course, I was honored to contribute to the conversation, especially since the topic focused on investigating the company culture of prospective employers via social media.
Not so long ago I was in their shoes, aggressively looking for work at an employer I could feel excited about and one that seemed to match my personality and values. During my search, I discovered how informative social media was when trying to uncover that culture fit. Even after I finally landed a job, I often tell those who come…
View original post 653 more words