- We are very passionate about what we do. We made the conscious decision to take a break from corporate recruiting to share our knowledge with College of Business students and help you succeed.
- We have worked in recruiting for some pretty cool companies including EA Sports, the Orlando Magic, and Bloomingdales! If you have an interest in a particular field, there is a chance we have experience in it!
- We love to see you succeed. We coach students for interviews and do a happy dance every time they land a job.
- We can teach you a thing or two about how to get hired since a) we used to be “you” b) we used to hire “you”.
- We are easy to please. Some of our students have thanked us with flowers, cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries… a student even promised me to let me meet with a sloth if he gets the job (I LOVE sloths!). Much better than a bonus, let me tell you!
- We are your number 1 cheerleaders. We have personally recommended students to Fortune 500 companies. Entry level jobs make it hard to get noticed. We can often help with that!
- We have friends, who are recruiters. If you can impress us (again, we used to hire candidates just like you!), we are happy to share your resume with them.
- We will hurt your feelings. We will rip your resume apart and tell you if you wear too much cologne so that a hiring manager/recruiter doesn’t have a chance to do so.
- We let you practice in a safe environment. We will ask you tough questions during mock interviews and review your resume before a recruiter sees it so that you can make mistakes now and be prepared when it really matters.
- We are thankful to work with you, we really are. Ok not all of you, but most of you. 🙂 Just kidding! We find our job at UCF extremely rewarding and, in less than a year, you have made us cry, laugh, and everything in between. Grazie and Happy Thanksgiving!
Laura G. McDonough
Career Coach – Finance & Economics